This webinar will explain the Civil Monetary Penalties Law (CMP) and its mandatory and permissive exclusions and penalties. It will also cover obligations under EMTALA, violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark including amendments under the PPACA.
Why Should You Attend:
This session is designed for healthcare executives, physicians and other healthcare providers who participate in and receive remuneration from Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal healthcare programs such as TriCare. As a healthcare executive, physician or other healthcare provider, you should be very concerned about the potential for liability under the fraud and abuse laws. Under recently enacted healthcare laws, enforcement activity and healthcare fraud task forces have been greatly enhanced. This raises the specter of being charged with false and fraudulent activity and being sanctioned and or being excluded from these programs under the Civil Monetary Penalties Law (“CMP”).
This webinar will review the CMP and its mandatory and permissive exclusions and penalties. It will also review the various federal laws that can result in penalties and exclusions. Finally, the webinar will review how you can develop programs that will serve to protect you and your organization from such penalties and exclusions.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Civil Monetary Penalties Law
- Obligations under EMTALA
- CMPs and assessments based on the type of violation at issue
- Violations under the False Claims Act
- Violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark
- Amendments under the PPACA
- Mandatory exclusions
- Permissive exclusions
- How to get off the OIG Exclusion List
- Brief review of the Anti-Kickback Statute
Who Will Benefit:
- Hospital executives, particularly CEOs, COOs, CFOs, CNOs, and CMOs
- Nursing home executives
- Physician practice managers
- DME company executives
- Other healthcare provider executives